Antispasmodic Digestive Aid
- Fennel may be beneficial in reducing digestive cramping, gas and bloating.
- May stimulate mucus membranes in the digestive tract, encouraging motility and peristalsis.
- Traditionally used to reduce intestinal spasms resulting from IBS, leaky gut, coeliac disease, candidiasis.
- Anti-nauseant, may aid recovery from food poisoning.
- May soothe pain resulting from hiatal hernia or indigestion.
- May help decongest the liver.
Use up to 4 teaspoons per day in 3 cups of boiled water. Steep and strain, use as needed. Make a tea with richer flavour or creamier consistency by simmering crushed seeds in any form of milk for 10 minutes at low temperature.
Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to consumption of herbal teas during pregnancy or breastfeeding, if a medical condition is present, whilst taking prescription medication or if surgery is scheduled.